Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Cosplay Progress Meme



Because Karin asked me to make one XD

Left pic is my Mikuru Asahina cosplay from 2009. It wasn't my first cosplay, though, I just can't find pictures of my other cosplays before that.

All other pics are from last year. Notice the huge gap in between?

I haven't really taken cosplay seriously until recently. But even then I wanted to cosplay characters that can really relate to. I wanted to cosplay Elizabeth ever since Persona 3 came out, but then again my biggest enemy is my lack of self esteem. But cosplay is now one of my motivations, one of the reasons why my confidence grew.

I didn't really know how to apply makeup then (I still don't, haha) but I've learned that research is the key to good cosplay. I played the games, searched for poses online, and looked for makeup tutorials on Youtube.
Enjoying yourself in cosplay is one thing, but portraying the character accurately is another.

I've got a few cosplans lined up this year, mostly Nintendo characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment