Thursday, January 8, 2015

"Everybody come closer to the stage and let's rock!" Our vocalist growled, motioning at the crowd. Everyone moved closer, cheering them on. I didn't have any part in the last song, so I stepped down the stage and watched with the rest of the crowd.

I watched in awe as the started to play, and tears started to fall down my cheeks. I wiped them away, as I just cried at the studio a few hours ago.

I was crying because we have come so far. People finally recognize us. Some people would attend conventions just to see us perform. And we never failed to deliver. These guys have worked hard for it. And, of course, they deserve to be recognized.

Then I realized. They can move forward and achieve even bigger things.

Even without me.

I'm not sure if people are even reading my blog, so I think I can say this.  I feel like they don't need me in the band anymore. They can still go on, with or without me.

I think this has something to do with what happened recently, I'm not quite sure, but I don't feel as excited for a gig anymore, compared to before. I don't feel as motivated to go onstage with them. They can go on without me.

I just don't feel like it's still worth it.

Call me a quitter or whatever, but when the time comes, I'm going to say goodbye to asterysk*.  I know they can still achieve great things. And I will still be here to support them. asterysk* is my baby, and will always be.

No comments:

Post a Comment