Monday, January 5, 2015

Dreamsicle: A Start of A Beautiful Friendship



A few years ago, I'm this friendless, antisocial little kid. I have hundreds of acquaintances but I haven't considered anyone as a close friend.  And sad as it may sound, I was okay with being alone.

Until I met Ivy and Icel. 
Dreamsicle at Toycon 2013

We formed a singing group, Dreamsicle, in August 2012. At first, I felt like a bit out of place. They've been friends since forever, so I wasn't sure if I'd fit in.

A few months later though, I found myself really enjoying their company. I don't really like going out, except to go to work or attend gigs and practices. But I looked forward to our practices, and I even want to see them outside of gigs and practices, just because.

Suddenly, I didn't feel so alone anymore. 
Cultural Festival with asterysk* and Shinkan

Last year has been an emotional rollercoaster for me. And throughout the entire ride, they were both there for me. We may not see each other that often due to our jobs and conflicting schedules, but they were there when I truly needed them. We went beyond talking about cosplay, anime, and song lineups. We talked about our lives, our jobs, our problems, and tried to cheer each other up whenever there's a chance. 

They were an integral part of the life-changing decisions I've made last year. And when I was about to fall down, they were there to catch me and assure me that everything will be okay.

This year, I will be focusing more on my girls. Here's to more cosplays, more gigs, more ramen trips, and more beautiful music together. I love you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment